08 January 2008

the alarmdoggie

i work. a lot. too much in fact. i just don't know when to quit.

a couple of months ago i adopted a doggie from my good friend, brie. his name is shep, sheppie, shepdog, shepcat, shepherd, shepititus. yes, he is worthy of all those names and many more.

when i was only responsible for me, my life was work... work... work. apparently, shepititus hasn't the tolerance for 10 or 12 hours at the grindstone. towards the end of long work days he begins to attack me or my employees, bark incesently, run crazed throughout the shop tearing anything he can into tiny pieces. most days that's enough for me to realize it's quitting time.. sheppie is a needy little bugger and tends to always get his way. ... we head home.

then...
there are the days when i have too much to do and i am able to withstand shepherd's diligent attacks. after all his aforementioned tactics fail, shepcat brings out the big guns...



shep cleverly seems to weasel his way onto my desk and lets out a big sigh.




enter stage left...

the look.




it's a look i can't refuse. the alarmdoggie wins... we head for home. am i better for it? i do believe.


thanks for the helping me work less brie.

3 comments:

brie said...

Holy schnikes! I love that he gets on your desk and lies on your shit until you take him home. How did he get so smart? I think his distaste for work comes from my example...you know...he lived in a pretty crappy apartment. He's used to no work - EVER - getting done at my place. He'll turn you into a lazy ass one of these days! Can I link you to my blog? Okay, too late. I already did it! But if you'd rather me not, let me know, okay?

alana.rachelle said...

hooray for rachel having a blog! shep is awesome! what a furball! but a cute one! it was fun to hang out on new year's eve. hope all's well!

A said...

the sad thing is, shep isn't much different at home. he continues to bark, run around and bug me instead of you. oh well, i guess that's the price we all have to pay for you to lead a happier, more balanced life. :)

love your first post. welcome to the blogging world, racher. i'll be checking back often.