16 May 2008

nascar glory


so i have this client that i've been working with as their graphic designer for the past couple of years. they've created an all natural energy drink named FUBAR. i've helped them with their logo, packaging, sales materials and am currently developing art for several other products. they've had a lot of swell stuff happening lately and i have been super busy.

last week i got a call at the end of the day for an urgent design project. FUBAR needed a design for a possible spot as a NASCAR sponsor. i spent that night working with the our marketing guy and sent a couple of ideas off around midnight for the new paint job. NASCAR designer? really, me?

well, the #08 FUBAR sprint cup car made it's debut today at the north carolina speedway. something i designed made it on national television? check it out.



































the driver is tony raines and there is all kinds o' drama about his new sponsor on his message board. apparently there is one fan that would rather have him be in the "patron tequila" car (hum.....) because the term FUBAR is so controversial. (if you don't know what it means... ask any former WWII vet if you dare).

but, i guess i did alright because somebody else said that the "car has a nice color scheme, hope they can back it up."

FUBAR, NASCAR...headpin. racher? i....kick....ass.

11 comments:

kristen said...

hey racher
i found your blog. well i always new that NASCAR was in your future somehow... I just didn't know it would be THIS successful. Way to go... I think that car looks awesome, and I don't even like cars.

Abby said...

You are awesome!

I had to look up "FUBAR," though... I don't think I understand why that's a good name for an energy drink. What gives?

According to Ana said...

Colin wants to know if this means we are all going to the indie 500... I already told him yes.

rachel ramsay said...

well....they are a bunch of x-army rangers... thus the military connection... and they are saying that the drink will keep you "fueled up beyond all recognition"... they're modifying it for their own purpose.

Lyndy Butler said...

Rachel, It makes me thirsty. You did a really good job.

alriggells said...

All I can say is holy shit...congrats. You are amazing. Peace out, and we need to get together some time.

Michelle said...

Sweet Rachel. Congratulations. You're big time. Well, you always have been, but I still think it's pretty sweet.

brie said...

Your design makes me horny...? Hmmm. In any case, it makes me thirsty. And very proud of you!

Brian said...

Holy Cow,

That is the coolest! Now I don't feel so bad about pushing the preserved poop thingy, that kind of thing seems to be in your blood. I really takes some insight to be able to harness the subtleties of a NASCAR design, have you been a closet fan this whole time? Great job, superstar!

Savannah said...

I meant to comment on this forever ago and I'm sorry that it took me this long....anywho...Way to go! I'm uber proud of you :)

rufannmama said...

new post. meh.